June 4, 1900
The college announced that a $50,000 fund for a biological laboratory had been completed. A friend of the college, resident in New England, had offered $25,000 for this purpose provided it could be matched by the college with other funds, preferably drawn from other New Englanders. The Boston branch of the Associate Alumnae of Vassar College raised the additional amount for the New England Building within a year’s time. The New York Times
Completed in December 1901, the New England Building opened on January 8, 1902.