May 2, 1902
At the Founder’s Day celebration, President Taylor announced that a donor, whose name he withheld, had pledged to fund a new library for Vassar. No set sum was specified, as the building was intended to meet the needs of the college far into the future.
At Commencement in June, Taylor revealed that the donor was Mrs. Mary Clark Thompson '93, widow of the popular and benevolent trustee, who had died in 1899. The Frederic Ferris Thompson Memorial Library was dedicated in 1905.