May 17, 1902
The Philalethean Society presented The Birds of Aristophanes, in the original Greek and in an appropriate outdoor setting. Spectators, sitting on the grass of Sunset Hill with the players below them on a stage backed by evergreens, followed the action with the translation in their programs by Elsa Hillyer White ‘02 and Edna Laura Kibbe ‘03.
Professor George C. Gow composed the music for the choruses, who were accompanied by a flute player hidden behind a tree. The play was directed by Professor Abby Leach of the department of Greek.