June 11, 1902
At Commencement, President Taylor identified the donor of the new library as Mary Clark Thompson and announced that ground would be broken for the new chapel immediately after the graduation ceremony. Two new trustees were elected: the Rev. W. T. E. P. Rhodes of Brooklyn and Daniel Smiley of Lake Mohonk, NY.
The first automobile appeared at Commencement. A member of the Class of 1902 recalled that is was a Ford, driven from Detroit by an alumna of ’00.