June 12, 1905
The Frederick Ferris Thompson Memorial Library was dedicated, Allen & Collens, architects. English Perpendicular Gothic in style, the building’s exterior was made of Germantown granite with trim and interior of Indiana limestone. The gift of Mary Clark Thompson, widow of trustee Frederick Thompson, the building could accommodate 360 readers and 150,000 volumes. Vassar’s collection contained more than 50,000 volumes and several thousand pamphlets; more than 200 periodicals were being received.