A comparison showed that the number of courses taught each semester had grown to over 400 from under 50 in 1870.  The only courses dropped since 1870 were those in Sanskrit and logic.  There were currently 22 departments of instruction, compared to nine.

The faculty voted to place the responsibility for class attendance entirely with the student, warning that they considered attendance “a moral obligation.”  At the opening of the college in 1865, missing class required the permission of the president.

"There is some disagreement in facility opinion as to the permanent value of the recent extension of freedom in elections and in class attendance at the college."     President's Report, 1921/22.