March 25, 1946
At a special faculty meeting, it was decided that, starting with the upcoming c-term, qualified returning servicemen would be admitted to Vassar, as non-residential students. The action, taken—according to the resolution passed by the faculty—because of the "overcrowding of educational institutions because of the return of the veterans," admitted "properly qualified men" to both regular classes and "special classes organized for the purpose." A special faculty committee was established to oversee both the admission to regular classes and the development of the special classes.
As Vassar’s charter permitted the granting of degrees to women only, provision was made for the transfer of Vassar credit to the University of the State of New York and to other institutions.