The trustees approved a program of extension courses to meet the needs of local men and women. In the second semester four courses with a total enrollment of one hundred and eleven were given; in the first semester of 1949-50 six courses with an enrollment of ninety; in the second semester of 1949-50 three courses were attended by 53 students. The program was discontinued at the end of 1949-50.