Donald Pearson, professor of music and college organist, performed a Dedication Recital on the new Gress-Miles chapel organ. The new instrument, built by the Gress-Miles Organ Company of Princeton, NJ, had four manuals and pedal, 106 ranks and 5,700 pipes, and occupied the same space and the same hand-carved façade designed by architects Shepley, Rutan & Coolidge in 1904 for the original chapel organ.  A reception in the Chapel's choir rehearsal room followed the recital.