Cushing Hall, a freshman dormitory, was dedicated. Named in honor of Florence M. Cushing '74, who served as alumnae trustee—1887-1894 and 1906-1912—and as a life trustee, 1913-1923, the $400,000 building designed by Allen & Collens had two dining rooms and accommodated 140 students.  The campus could now accommodate 1,050 residential students.

The building was completed in September, but its dedication was deferred owing to Miss Cushing’s death on September 20.  Her classmate, Laura Brownell Collier ’74, Marion Coats ’07, the president of Sarah Lawrence College, and President MacCracken spoke at the ceremony.